Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Good Fortune


As I amble towards another New Year I am thinking once again of what I wish for. I gave up with resolutions, it's all a dilusion as I don't have the will power to pass by a Taco joint without stopping in. So, everything I think I might want, once I think about it, can be interpreted so many ways.

Take Good Fortune.

One would automatically jump to Money when you say fortune. Money, in excess can cause problems, and to little can cause even more problems. I wish we had money, lots of it too.....but as with Christmas this year, not sharing it in the form of presents with other family members caused resentment, even being called cheap. So much for teaching my kids empathy and giving of ones self being enough to bring happiness. The rotten part is that it was just one person that had to spoil it for our kids. It made them feel bad when they overheard a phone conversation. Might I add it wasn't my husband saying words, the other person speaks so loud that you can hear everything they are saying.

I digress yet again, but make my point too. The Good Fortune that I am wishing for is the Good Fortune of comfort. Peace of Mind, Peace of Soul and Peace of Knowledge that all will work out in the end. I guess that's what we all wish for deep down, well, most of us. The symbol attached to this post is very eye catching, but as much as I want to believe in amulets, it's just as useful as believing that there are faeries in the woods, or some larger power making all the decisions for you. It's all about free will, and what you put out to the universe and the living things in it coming back to either bite you in the ass or delivering a wad of cash.

Maybe Boy Scouts have the right idea.

Do a good Turn Daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment