Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Proud


I know that pride is one of the seven deadly sins.


Pride is excessive belief in one's own abilities, that interferes with the individual's recognition of the grace of God. It has been called the sin from which all others arise. Pride is also known as Vanity.


But the pride that I felt when the twins, Catherine and Daniel came home with thier "Honors" certifcates, I was overflowing with pride. I don't push my kids, I will nag and preach, but not push. I simply tell them that I am here to guide them and teach them, what they do with it is up to them. They get thier grades on thier own.


Catherine was sad because she missed High Honors by .015 and she really tried. I told her that a 3.785 GPA is something to be proud of. Of all classes it was one class in particular that brought her grief. It was what was Home Economics in "my day" and one test that threw everything off. There was only 60 points to be earned all quarter. You have to get every question on every test right.


Daniel proved that you can have Aspergers Autism and be mainstreamed with support and still make Honors. I still have an uphill battle with the school district and teachers, but he did alot of this by himself.

The twins turn 13 in 2 days. What a way to celebrate.

No comments:

Post a Comment